audio recording equipment
I've expanded the table to include a audio recording column. Could people now let me know what you will be using to record the interview? It's especially important for me to plan when, and how many, of my Olympus recording packages need to be borrowed.
19 comments:
Hi,
I have 2 people in mind! The first is a matter of gaining (re-establishing contact) He was the director of the Neighborhood Arts program in SF in the 70's and then President of the art institute... He is also a friend that tends to get truly busy!
The #2 is the director of the Creative growth program in Oakland that works to instill arts and creativity in adults with disability.
David: We talked briefly about this. For a few reasons, my best guess is the second person (creative growth and working with adults with disabilities) is probably the better choice. Either one would certainly work however.
I've narrowed my scope to three possibilities:
Mimi Silbert -- Founder of Delancey Street Foundation
Judith Smith -- founder/dancer/artistic director of AXIS dance group
Liz Mamorsky -- artist
I don't know these women but I will pursue in the order above.
I heard back from the person I was hoping to interview and he said yes, so I will be interviewing Russell Wright. Russell teaches drama at Walden, a private elementary school in Berkeley. Each year the 4-6 graders performs a play, which Russell writes, directs, and choreographs.
Leslie: That sounds great. They all seem interesting. I think you mentioned at one time about recording via Skype. At that time I thought you intended to interview someone who was NOT local. However, if the person is in the local area then I highly encourage you to interview them live. It typically makes a big difference--especially if they don't know you.
Cheryl: Great, sounds like a good interview subject.
I'll use personal or work equipment for recording.
I would like to borrow recording equipment for possibly sometime this week. I've received a response from Sarah who is willing to be interviewed, but with her schedule she is only able to offer up time until early next week or not until after the project is due.
Kristina: It all depends on when you specifically want to borrow. I can lend you my basic recording kit today through Wed. On Thur and Fri I can lend you a slightly better kit. Either way, however, you can certainly borrow equipment this week.
Excellent. Wednesday works best for Sarah, so I'll settle for the more basic recording kit. When would be convenient for me to pick it up from you?
Kristina: I'm around today from 2 to about 4 or 4:30. I'm around tomorrow but the best time to pick up is sometime between 1 and 5. I'd set up a specific time and then I'll make sure to be in my office and have the equipment ready.
P.S. I can't vouch for how good the battery is. The device I give you runs on 1 AAA battery.
Dr. Mitchell,
I just sent you an e-mail requesting to borrow one of your recording devices for the week between March 7/8 and March 14. But if, by any chance, you run out of them I can use our equipment at work.
My interviewee is confirmed; it is going to be an expert, the Laser Physicist. I also have my own recording equipment.
Marina: I'll bring an Olympus portable recording kit to class this Friday for you. Not a problem using it for a week.
Anna: Great news. Congratulations.
Hi Dr. Mitchell,
May I borrow a recording device and microphone at class on Friday, 3/7? I'll be doing my interview on 3/14.
Thanks,
Liz
Liz: Yes. I'll bring the recording package to class. The table (top of entry) now reflects this. I'm assuming you'll be able to return the recording kit on the night of the 14th at class?
personal equipment
Hi Dr. Mitchell,
I'll use my own equipment. Thank you.
Ricky
Ricky: Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the table at the top of this entry to reflect you're using your own equipment.
I'll use my own equipment.
Post a Comment